Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Picking

One of the things Todd & I have done since we started dating is gone to the pumpkin patch every October and picked out  a pumpkin.  This year we were a little worried we would not be able to continue our tradition.  You see, Romanians aren't really into pumpkins.  In fact, they only grow them to feed the pigs.  And the pumpkins they grow are usually white.   We thought maybe we would have to settle for a white pumpkin, but it's just not the same.  

Then one of our Romanian friends told us his neighbor was growing orange pumpkins and would be willing to give us a few.  We were so excited.  So another missionary and I trekked out to the village of Poiana to visit this man's farm.  I loved it!  It was so neat to be on a Romanian farm.  I've always grown up in a big city so I was amazed by all I saw.  Below are some pictures of my visit.  And by the way, this man had pumpkins even bigger than the ones we got!  We can't wait to have the kids here carve their first pumpkins!

Our pumpkins

Moo Cows!


Cute little piglets

Some of the pumpkins were HUGE!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Check with Kelsey...we send pumpkin seeds each spring! Doug (Kelsey's Dad)