Friday, December 26, 2008

Ode to my Secret Santa

Every year the missionaries do Secret Santa during Christmas. Each person is supposed to do three surprise things for their secret person and then a final big gift on Christmas Eve. My (Rocio's) secret santa was amazing! My first gift was a beautiful painted glass ornament. Problem was Todd and I decided not to get a Christmas tree so we had nowhere to put it. My secret santa soon took care of that by getting us a Christmas tree. Then a few of us had mentioned we were bummed by the lack of snow this winter. My secret santa then left me snow balls (made of the ice from defrosting her freezer!). It was so fun! Then my final gift was amazing. She looked up a funky new restaurant near my parents' house back home, printed out the amazingly yummy menu, wrote out the directions so I wouldn't get lost, and gave me some spending money so Todd and I could go have lunch there. She rocked! Thanks so much Kelsey! You made my Christmas super special.

The Beautiful Ornament
Our Christmas Tree

Please note: all real trees in Romania look like they were grown especially for Charlie Brown

No comments: